My New Site

Will be transferring my blogs to this site. In the midst of transferring and upgrading.

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Greetings

SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI
to all my family and muslim friends.

I would like to seek forgiveness should there be any wrongdoings on my part, be it intentional or not. I hope all of you out there are having a great time with all your loved ones. Raya is one of those times where you get to meet up with all your loved ones. Of course, it would be ideal to not meet just during raya, but during other times of the year but as you know, everyone has their own lives and Singapore is not exactly an easy country to be "not busy". Like my Pak Itam and family (from Malaysia), if not the last 2 weddings, we probably get to meet them during raya only. And my granduncles and aunts, and extended family.

Ohhh, and the kuih rayas! I tell you, eating is a different ball game for me this year. I can't seem to stop myself! I mean, I am full or think I am full (coz of my small stomach space now) but I just feel like putting food in me... Damn. Think I am going to put on a lot from now on. Even before raya (like the actual day), I have helped to finish one bottle of mum's kuih tart, and I have never done that before. I love her kuih tarts, but not to the extent of finishing it... It is scary when I stop to think about my eating in the last few days. Lucky my mum loves to bake, so she didn't complain about having to bake another batch of kuih tart :) Love you mak!

How else is raya different for me now that I'm married? For one, I used to not have to be responsible to wake someone up (and could take my time) but not now. And instead of having to prepare clothes for just myself, I have to readjust my preparations to include him/his. Now cannot just think of myself. Then instead of heading straight for Nenek's house with my family, me and GG headed for his parents' house first. And on top of that, 2 additional houses for me (his grandaunt and his aunties/uncles house in Tampines). So, 8 houses in total and a whole load of eating! It is also all new for GG too. He used to stay home the whole day and just go out visiting at night to 2 houses. That was like a lot less houses. I think this whole raya with all the jalan2 is a very different thing for him coz his family doesn't do much of that. He ended the day saying, "Now I feel very family man." And now, GG drives :) Yeay for that, cos it is a hassle driving with baju kurung, ohh and a big tummy. So now four of us squeeze at the back, while the 2 big men sit in front :) Lucky we are small. But, thanks GG for driving the whole day and not complaining, coz I know it must be very tiring for you. And thanks for still massaging my aching legs at the end of the day. Sayang GG.

No comments: