My New Site

Will be transferring my blogs to this site. In the midst of transferring and upgrading.

Monday, March 09, 2009

Married...

I have yet to write anything wrt to the above, as in a personal take on me, my life and I, and not those "thank yous" type or commentaries on our photos or videos sort of thingies coz that I have done a lot.

It's March already, the number-changing day is on its way. (Thankfully the haircut has in a way made me look younger. Heh.) And at that point in time, I would have been married for 3 months. Sooo... the question that everyone asks "How's married life?", "How's being married?", and one particular question that somehow most aunties will definitely ask. Hmmm.. Aunties won't ask the former questions, they have gone thru that for years. And I don't think it's right for me to answer how's married life, coz I don't think I have enough experience to say much about being married coz it's only been over 2 months or so. But so far so good.

But how have my life and I changed in this 2 months? Well, I have less time to allow myself to get depressed. You know those time alone I had, shutting mysef from the rest of the world, particularly during those time of the month, having evil thoughts and feeling alot anti-social? I don't get much of that lately. There is no room for that, and I think that's good. Feeling anti-social was bad for me. So that's a major thing and I hope it's permanent. My room is no longer a shell to hide in, it has turned into a warm cozy corner. The home atmosphere is slightly more lively and homely. Mum somehow prepares more food on Sundays, and people eat together. I wake up early (ier), with that happy feeling of "Yeay, let's prepare GG breakfast!" Well, there is a need to divide time for both families coz now we not only have our own family, we have our in-laws to spend time with. So weekend priorities are different from when I was single.

There were disagreements but I think the 2 of us handled them better lately coz we know we are married. But I believe it will always be a learning process for both of us. I want to learn how to cook lots of things for him, but I will go full-swing into that when we have our own house.

Actually to think about it, personally I think it's good to actually stay with the parents at the start (just for a short while), for a few reasons. There is only one common space to go to most of them time, and there is no way that to find other rooms to hide. That one room to sleep, to read, to discuss, to rest. So there is no way to lock yourself from the other in another room, or no chance to ignore or be ignored. And you wouldn't let you arguments escalate coz you respect that you are in your parents' house and it wouldn't be nice. So you learn to comfort each other, and you spend time with each other more, it brings you closer. Plus you get closer to the family and learn one another's likes and dislikes. And you don't jump into your own house immediately and realise there's a lot you need to know/do/settle, and end up being stress.

Oh talking about house, we should be signing our Lease of Agreement on 19th March. And wait for like the next 3+ years for it to be ready... Sigh...

No comments: